New Haven Custody Modification Lawyer | Milford CT Support Modification Attorney | Fairfield Post-Judgment

Child Custody

New Haven Custody Modification Attorney

The one constant in life is change, and family law issues are no exception. If your circumstances have changed after your divorce agreement was reached, you may be able to modify the terms of your divorce agreement in order to better reflect the current reality of your situation.  Call CT custody Attorney Emily Lucibello today.

At the Law Offices of Emily S. Lucibello, LLC, we can protect your rights during and after your divorce. We have considerable experience with issues such as child custody, child support, and alimony. You can rely on Attorney Lucibello to seek efficient solutions that are in the best interests of your and your children.

Milford Support Modification Lawyer

If the circumstances of either party change substantially and render a divorce agreement impossible or impractical, modification may be possible. Modification is most common for child custody and child support agreements, but must be precipitated by a substantial change in circumstances.

What constitutes a substantial change in circumstances?  Examples include:

  • Relocation, such as taking a job in a state with a  lower cost of living, moving to a state where a particular career or position is in demand, or moving to be closer to family.
  • Income and work changes, including both increases and decreases in income.
  • Environmental changes, such as remarriage or cohabitation that impact whether the custody agreement is in the best interest of the child(ren).

It is important to realize that change to an existing cannot be made without court approval.  For instance, even if the parties agree to a temporary reduction in child support outside of court, the other party could hold the paying party in contempt.  This could further complicate your case and potentially result in criminal punishment.  Therefore, it is important you consult with a lawyer to know the laws and your rights and best protect yourself.

Contact Attorney Lucibello | 203-298-4658

In order to make sure your post-judgment issues are handled properly, contact us for a free consultation to discuss your custody, visitation, child support, or alimony modification case.